Thursday, November 20, 2008

Cheyenne Botanical Garden, 9x12, pastel on sanded paper

This is the first painting I did in Cheyenne. I had no idea where to go to paint and so I just drove around until I saw something that looked inviting. I found my way into the place and chose this spot to paint. After I set up my equipment and had been painting for about 15 minutes I heard an increasingly loud roar approaching. It was so loud I was more than startled, and a little uneasy. Then a huge armed forces plane flew right over my head close enough for me to read the letters on the bottom! I was right next to the airport and there were planes taking off on this route about every 20 minutes for the rest of my time there! Needless to say I found a different place to paint the following day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...