Wednesday, December 31, 2014

30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

It's New Year's Eve and I'm ready to start painting tomorrow! I've joined a painting challenge. Yikes!

The challenge is to paint 30 paintings in 30 days. The goal of the challenge is to get people to paint more often and to have fun! Both of those are exactly what I need right now.

I've made my plan, even if it is a little vague. I've gathered my materials. I'm a little nervous. I'm excited. I'm ready to go!

My panels

A few props

And the panel holder for these little guys (all paintings will be 6x6)

I'm a little nervous. I'm excited.

Each day I'll post my painting on the challenge website, hosted by Leslie Saeta. I'll also post them here and in Daily Paint Works where they will be for sale.

So stay tuned, hang on and see what happens as we paint through January.

How about you? Have you ever done one of these? Would you do one?

I'm ready to go.

2 comments:

Lauren Kuhn said...

I, too, am attempting Leslie's Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days for the first time! I'm very excited, but worried that the novelty and/or ability to paint a complete 6x6 (we're doing the same sizes, on the same boards!) each day, every day. So far, so good. Love your cows. Two of my four paintings thus far have also been cows. Looking forward to following your work! Your pieces this far are really beautiful.

Ginny said...

Thank you, Lauren! It's been a lot of fun so far, although initially I stressed myself out! Cows are so much fun to paint. I really don't know much about them, but they have sweet facial expressions and great angles! I'll check out your cows. Thanks for commenting, and happy painting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...