Monday, May 11, 2009

Sun and Shade, 6x8, pastel

Well, I had to do a couple of pastels. Every now and then I just have to get them out and paint/draw away until I get it out of my system. Sometimes when I see other people's pastels I know I have to do a few, and then I go right back to oils. I first began painting with pastels. When I started oils I would get frustrated because I couldn't just pick up the color I wanted, but had to mix it first. Now that I do oils more, when I paint with pastel I get frustrated because I can't find the color I would have mixed! But its all good practice to go back and forth between the two mediums.  Each have qualities that are wonderful to work with and explore. I have a few new colors coming and a plein air set-up for pastels I think will work better than anything else I've used so far. I can hardly wait to put them to use!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...