Thursday, August 23, 2012

Commissions Welcomed!

Evening Watch 8x12 oil on canvas

The Homestead  10x20, oil on canvas

Morning Welcome 10x12, oil on canvas
These are three commissioned paintings I recently finished for some friends I met years ago at the Douglas Invitational Art Show in Douglas, Wyoming. Every year they would mention having me do a painting of their house on the river. They had designed and built the house themselves and when they contacted me early in the summer I was excited to do the painting. As the commission evolved it turned into 3 smaller paintings instead of one large. Before I had them finished it was learned this family would be moving to a new town, so it was even more sentimental than it would have been otherwise.

I delivered the finished and framed paintings to them a couple of weeks ago and was blessed to see their response. I hope the paintings are helping them make the transition to their new home a bit easier.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...